Most people will be surprised to know that the term ‘Artificial Intelligence’ was coined by John McCarty in the year 1956. Basically, AI is a technique of getting machines to work and behave like humans. Healthcare, robotics, marketing, and business analytics are some fields where AI has created machines and robots that are being used to incorporate human’s work. As a matter of fact, we don’t realize that we are using AI on a daily basis. Have you wondered how Google has the ability to provide accurate search results or how when you are surfing on Facebook, then you start to see things only of your interests? These are the works of AI. A common misconception has to be cleared among AI, machine learning and deep learning as people think they are all the same having common applications, but they are different in nature. Machine learning comes under AI. Data is fed into them and they make decisions. Deep learning, on the other hand, comes under machine learning which uses the concept of neural networks in order to solve complicated problems. Both deep learning and machine learning helps AI to produce neural networks and algorithms to solve problems that are data driven. As we can see, these three are interconnected with each other. AI also covers a vast domain of fields, including natural language processing, object detection, computer vision, robotics, expert systems and so on.
Types of Artificial Intelligence
There are three types of AI:
- Artificial Narrow Intelligence or weak AI: It refers to the ability of a computer to perform precise tasks exceptionally well, such as the use of bots on crawling a web page. A bot is a software assigned to run simple automated tasks that are repetitive in nature. Bots can provide weather predictions or provide lunch suggestions when asked. Some of the examples of ANI are face verification of mobile phones, Google maps, social humanoid Sophia, etc.
- Artificial General Intelligence or strong AI: The machines those are capable of performing human-based intellectual tasks. However, it hasn’t come into existence yet and many experts doubt whether it will ever be possible.
- Artificial Super Intelligence: This term refers to the capability of computers surpassing that of humans.
Functions of AI
- Usage of AI in Banks and Financial Systems
Banks use AI for numerous activities and handling work involving money investing in stocks, financial operations and much more. It helps in providing quick solutions to the customers.
- Usage of AI in Medical Sciences
AI technology has brought a dramatic change in medical science. AI is mostly used in medical science to create a virtual personal healthcare assistant. Bots are introduced in healthcare for managing or scheduling appointments and providing 24/7 assistance.
- AI’s role in Air Transport
Air transport can’t survive without AI. All the activities which are needed to perform and control air transportation are done on the basis of AI.
Interested in AI? Join our Artificial Intelligence courses today to learn more.
ExcelR – Data Science, Data Analytics
Course Training in Bangalore
49, 1st Cross, 27th Main,
Behind Tata Motors, 1st Stage,
BTM Layout, Bengaluru,
Phone: 096321 56744
Hours: Sunday – Saturday 7AM – 11PM