Machine learning is basically an area of artificial intelligence. It enables computers to mold and develop according to the ever changing technology. It allows computers to use algorithms and look for relevant information. Some examples of it include cyber fraud detection, surfing movies on Amazon Prime, real time ads on pages and so on. It helps to solve the real world problems. It helps in easing the multitasking jobs in an organization. It has become a vital part of our lives as we use it daily in most of what we do even without knowing it. It is making our lives easier by changing the way we live, work, travel, communicate and think. It is simplifying the way we take decisions regarding our day to day lives, if we know how to harness its power.
HOW MACHINE LEARNING HELPS US IN DIFFERENT AREAS
- EDUCATION – Computers are designed in such a manner that they can provide study plans, according to the needs of each individual student. It provides us with online results and attendance, which reduces the burden of both teachers and students.
- LAW – For all the legal procedures, computers are used. And within some time, we would be able to replace lawyers with computers; the only gap would be of logical thinking.
- Industries – Mechanization of manual labor as more work in less time can easily be done through machines efficiently. Predicting purchases that would be made by consumers in the coming financial year. Even to provide customer support has become easy because of machines.
- Health – Quicker and effective treatment with the help of faster diagnoses.
- Transport – Due to the advancement of technology in the coming years, we can expect to have shipping and rail networks to run autonomously.
- Real time insight into the behavior of people regarding material things.
- The decision regarding any new investment is based on previously processed data and, therefore, the decision is well thought.
- It allows efficient utilization of resources.
- ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION – It helps in weather and pollution forecast and, therefore, mitigates the risk of environmental degradation.
- HOME SECURITY – It provides inbuilt cameras and alarm systems and even the tracking system is nowadays possible.
CHALLENGES OF MACHINE LEARNING
- Major difficulty is getting useful data based on algorithms.
- Before using any machine, they need to be tried; proper training is to be given to employees before using so it is very costly.
- It requires specific education and, therefore, each and every person can’t be employed easily.
- It is a very time consuming process.
So, there can be two views regarding machine learning. On one hand, it would act as a threat to our freedom and would be inimical to the existence of humans, but on the other hand, it is a boom and would help us in easing our lives in multiple ways. So, it all depends on us how we use the technology. We should always try to work it in a right manner because the advantages takeover its disadvantages. The time has come where we should use it as this is the only way we can reshape our lives. Machine Learning is basically an expedition that may last for a couple of decades. To know more, join machine learning online course from one machine learning.
Check here what Sundar Pichai Talks about Machine Learning